Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Vocab from units 5 and 6

Karen is talking to her friend about her new flat and flatmates.

K: So tell me about your new flat. What’s it like?

H: The house itself is quite big and my room is huge, so I can’t really complain about not having enough space. It’s a bit old, though. And it’s also very, very messy. I don’t think they spend much time on tidying up!

K: What about your flatmates? What are they like?

H: Well, James is a university student and he’s just lovely. He seems very generous – he offered to lend me some furniture until I get some of my own.

K: And your other flatmate? What’s she like?

H: Pat is a financial advisor – she’s good with money. She spends a lot of time at work and is always rushing off to one meeting or another. I think she’s quite ambitious. She seems to know a lot about the stock market and making money. She told me the other day the best way to invest my money!

K: What about organisation? Meals and things like that?

H: We have a roster for cooking and cleaning and we all take turns.

K: What do they do in the weekends? Are they at home a lot?

H: James plays rugby so that takes up his Saturdays. Unfortunately, last weekend he got injured in a game. He hurt his back and so he can’t play for a while.

K: Rugby’s a dangerous game, isn’t it? Do you think you’ll get on well with them?

H: Well, the atmosphere in the flat seems quite relaxed, and they are both very friendly. I think I will enjoy living there.

K: How did you hear about it?

H: Oh, my friend used to live there. She got married last month. It was a very romantic wedding. And immediately after that I moved in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home